As part of National Freelancers Day 2012, a new project entitled ’7 days in June’ will see freelancer film-makers produce a series of short films about the freelance lifestyle.
The seven films, each one focusing on one aspect of freelancing, will be shot in the week beginning 23rd June, and will be released in the run-up to NFD 2012. The final film will be premiered on 21st November, which is National Freelancers Day.
The aim of the films, as has been the aim of the annual event – now in its fourth year – is to highlight the important role that freelancers and contractors play.
The films will cover aspects of freelancing including what it means to be a freelancer, the surge in popularity of flexible working arrangements in recent years, the importance of being compliant as a contractor (no doubt a reference to IR35), and how graduates may benefit from considering a freelancer career – even at a relatively young age.
According to contractors’ organisation, PCG, which founded and co-sponsors the event, there are almost 1.6m people in the UK’s freelance workforce currently – contributing over£80bn annually to the economy.
The film project, which has its own dedicated website, was developed by content producer Rob Edwards in late 2011. Visit the website to get involved or to secure tickets in advance.
- ClearSky Accounting - specialist support for contractors
- Visit Hiscox for Professional Indemnity and Business Liability Insurance
- Contractor Finance - up to £30,000, when you need it
- InTouch Contractor Accountants - Personal Online Accounting
- Join PCG - Free impartial start-up advice for contractors.
- Visit Qdos Consulting for tax investigation cover and IR35 insurance.
- 90% Pay Retention for Contractors - Helix Management Ltd