Alastair Campbell has been announced as the keynote speaker at the upcoming National Freelancers Day event, to be held in Central London on 21st November.
Famous for his role as ‘Director of Communications’ for the previous Government, Campbell has subsequently become a freelancer himself, and says that freelancing is of increasing importance to the economy.
“I think that in all sectors there is, and indeed should be, a role to play for people brought in either for their expertise or for special projects and that’s why I’m very happy to be supporting and sharing ideas with the sort of people National Freelancers Day represents”.
Following his address to the audience at the Royal Academy of Arts, Campbell will also take part in an expert panel debate discussing ‘The Agile Economy’ – hosted by Sue Lawley.
The entire event will be streamed live via the web, and a small number of tickets are available on the NFD website if you would like to attend in person.
Find out more on the official website, or type #NFD2012 to follow the build-up on Twitter.
- World of freelancing to be celebrated on film
- How many freelancers are there in the UK?
- Budget 2012 – The impact on limited companies
- No changes to IR35 rules in Budget 2012
- Lower Companies House fees from October 2012
- ClearSky Accounting - specialist support for contractors
- Visit Hiscox for Professional Indemnity and Business Liability Insurance
- Contractor Finance - up to £30,000, when you need it
- InTouch Contractor Accountants - Personal Online Accounting
- Join PCG - Free impartial start-up advice for contractors.
- Visit Qdos Consulting for tax investigation cover and IR35 insurance.
- 90% Pay Retention for Contractors - Helix Management Ltd